Matt Randall’s Black Belt Academy, Inc. opened in Dover, NH on November 1, 1987.
For 30+ years we have provided the local families with the best in martial arts training and leadership development.
We specialize in teaching children and adults to become leaders in their communities.
We do this through a combination of:
1. Using martial arts physical skills to develop confidence and build physical fitness.
2. Providing an opportunity for our students to practice leadership skills and learn life skills that can be easily transferred to home, work, and school.
3. Striving to be the best role models we can be.
Give us a call today to see how we can help your family be the best you can be.
ABOUT MASTER RANDALL
I have been studying martial arts since July of 1981 and teaching professionally since 1985.
Currently, I am a 6th Degree Senior Master Instructor and KwanJang-Nim. While these titles are often linked, they are really 3 separate distinctions.
- My 6th Dan (degree) is in TaeKwonDo and that relates to my personal training.
- The title of Senior Master Instructor refers to my level of proficiency as a teacher.
- KwanJang-Nim is loosely translated as ‘head master’ or ‘principal’, but also refers to someone who trains other master instructors. I was awarded this title from my students since I am the owner of the academy and I train several other master level instructors.
I started teaching as soon as I earned my Black Belt in March of 1985 and haven’t stopped since. My first training was in traditional ITF TaeKwonDo. Through the years, I have studied many other arts and have mixed some of what I feel is useful and complimentary into my teaching.
Some arts I have studied include:
- TaeKwonDo (Korean Martial Art)
- Aikido (The Way of Harmony)
- Judo (The Gentle Way)
- Modern Arnis/Escrima/Kali (Filipino Martial Arts)
- Jeet Kune Do (created by Bruce Lee)
- MMA/Jiu-Jitsu (mixed martial arts)
- XMA (Xtreme Martial Arts forms)
- Savate (French kickboxing)
- Kyūsho (pressure points)
- Tai-Chi (Chinese Martial Art)
- Kobudō (Japanese weaponry)
- Chanbarra (sport padded weaponry)
While I do not claim to be an expert in any other art than TaeKwonDo, I have learned a great deal from other arts and enjoy adding everything I can to my knowledge base.